Disciplined Problem Solving Workshop 1 day .7 CEUs Course #: J00372 Course Leader: Marty Jaeger
Resolving problems with an application of controls to ensure that correcting and/or corrective actions are effective, i.e., the same and/or similar problems do not recur, is a
significant challenge for any organization. This
seven-hour workshop teaches participants the disciplines employed in some of the
most popular methodologies recommended by leading organizations, such as Ford,
Chrysler and GM and provides forms and checklists to ensure consistent
application back on the job.
Disciplined Problem Solving: The 8D, 7-Step,
5-Step and other popular models
- The 4 Analytical Thinking Processes
- The 3L5W, 5W2H and Fishbone methods and forms for finding the root cause.
- Case studies and exercises
- The 7Tools of Quality Cause-and-effect (Ishikawa), etc.
- Poka-yoke (mistake proofing) and its application in corrective and preventive action processes
- Systematically applying a disciplinary approach and recording the results
- Closing the Loop Modifying our quality management systems, procedures, FMEAs, control plans and processes to prevent recurrence of similar problems
Learn how disciplined problem solving can improve customer satisfaction and impact the bottom line.
This workshop presents practical tips and tools for understanding and applying the various methodologies. A one-hour question and answer session is provided to address
participants' questions regarding specific applications.
How Course Attendees Will Benefit
Gain knowledge of disciplined problem solving methodologies and their application
Prepare their Product Development and APQP Teams
Prepare their organization for registration/surveillance audits
Leave with an approach and tools to implement more effective problem solving
Who Should Attend
Product Development and APQP multi-disciplinary team members
Comprehensive course workbook that includes case studies and interactive exercises to provide hands-on application of the various methodologies.. A certificate of attendance and .7 CEUs will also be awarded.